Motor Vehicle Accidents. A collision with another motor vehicle can change your life in an instant – perhaps leading to serious injuries, a lengthy medical recovery, lost wages, lifelong disability, or even death. If you or a loved one is injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation including property damage, medical expenses, pain and suffering, wage loss, and future medical care.
Motor vehicle accidents cause more deaths than all natural disasters combined. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were nearly 6 million reported motor vehicle accidents in 2006, causing 2.6 million injuries and 43,000 deaths
In order to recover for injuries sustained in a crash, you must be able to prove that some person caused the crash due to negligent or reckless driving or that a defect in the roadway or the vehicle caused the accident. If the accident occurred while you were on the job, you may have grounds for a workers’ compensation claim as well.
Here are some things you should do if you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident:
- Be Safe:
- Turn on your Hazard Lights
- If possible, Move your car to a safe nearby location, but be careful not to leave the scene.
- Check to see if anyone is hurt. If so, seek medical attention.
- Contact the Police. Discuss the Auto accident only with the police. Do not admit Fault.
- Stay Calm
- Don’t panic – remain calm and polite
- Don’t admit fault
- Exchange information
- Collect contact information for anyone who was there, including other drivers, witnesses, and the tow company if your car is towed.
- Collect information about all vehicles involved:
- Year, make, and model
- License plate number
- Insurance carrier
- Insurance policy number
- Obtain police report information
- Immediately Call Timmy
However minor or major the damage, if you are injured, call us. The Law Office of Timothy B. Moore, LC can help you evaluate your potential motor vehicle accident claim at no obligation to you.
In need of a lawyer? I got you! Contact me today at (504) 669-2002 or the form below.